George W. Bush Quotes

George Walker Bush (born July 6, 1946) is an American politician and businessman who served as the 43rd President of the United States from 2001 to 2009, and the 46th Governor of Texas from 1995 to 2000. The eldest son of Barbara and George H. W. Bush, he was born in New Haven, Connecticut. After graduating from Yale University in 1968 and Harvard Business School in 1975, he worked in oil businesses. He married Laura Welch in 1977 and ran unsuccessfully for the House of Representatives shortly thereafter. He later co-owned the Texas Rangers baseball team before defeating Ann Richards in the 1994 Texas gubernatorial election. He was elected president in 2000 after a close and controversial election, becoming the fourth president to be elected while receiving fewer popular votes nationwide than his opponent.He is the second president to have been the son of a former president, the first having been John Quincy Adams. He is also the brother of Jeb Bush, former Governor of Florida.



America must not ignore the threat gathering against us. Facing clear evidence of peril, we cannot wait for the final proof, the smoking gun that could come in the form of a mushroom cloud.

Some folks look at me and see a certain swagger, which in Texas is called 'walking.'
America is the land of the second chance - and when the gates of the prison open, the path ahead should lead to a better life.

We will not waver; we will not tire; we will not falter, and we will not fail. Peace and Freedom will prevail.

I sent American troops to Iraq to make its people free, not to make them American. Iraqis will write their own history and find their own way.

You teach a child to read, and he or her will be able to pass a literacy test.

We will stand up for our friends in the world. And one of the most important friends is the State of Israel. My administration will be steadfast in support Israel against terrorism and violence, and in seeking the peace for which all Israelis pray
If you're sick and tired of the politics of cynicism and polls and principles, come and join this campaign

The momentum of freedom in our world is unmistakable - and it is not carried forward by our power alone. We can trust in that greater power Who guides the unfolding of the years. And in all that is to come, we can know that His purposes are just and true.

I can hear you, the rest of the world can hear you and the people who knocked these buildings down will hear all of us soon.

One of my proudest moments is I didn't sell my soul for the sake of popularity.

I'm hopeful. I know there is a lot of ambition in Washington, obviously. But I hope the ambitious realize that they are more likely to succeed with success as opposed to failure.

A dictatorship would be a heck of a lot easier, there's no question about it.
It is clear our nation is reliant upon big foreign oil. More and more of our imports come from overseas.

I have a different vision of leadership. A leadership is someone who brings people together.
So, I'm lying on the couch and Laura walks in and I say, 'Free at last,' and she says 'You're free all right, you're free to do the dishes.' So I say, 'You're talking to the former president, baby,' and she said, 'consider this your new domestic policy agenda.'

Terrorist attacks can shake the foundations of our biggest buildings, but they cannot touch the foundation of America. These acts shatter steel, but they cannot dent the steel of American resolve.
I told you I'm not going to criticize my successor. I'll just tell you that there are people at Gitmo that will kill American people at a drop of a hat and I don't believe that persuasion isn't going to work. Therapy isn't going to cause terrorists to change their mind.

Natural gas is hemispheric. I like to call it hemispheric in nature because it is a product that we can find in our neighborhoods

You can fool some of the people all the time, and those are the ones you want to concentrate on

America is a Nation with a mission - and that mission comes from our most basic beliefs. We have no desire to dominate, no ambitions of empire. Our aim is a democratic peace - a peace founded upon the dignity and rights of every man and woman.

I want to thank you for taking time out of your day to come and witness my hanging.

It's clearly a budget. It's got a lot of numbers in it

Leadership to me means duty, honor, country. It means character, and it means listening from time to time.

To those of you who received honours, awards and distinctions, I say well done. And to the C students, I say you, too, can be president of the United States.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Franklin D. Roosevelt Quotes

Robin Williams

Queen Victoria Quotes