Kapil Dev Quotes

Kapil Dev Ramlal Nikhanj(born 6 January 1959), better known as Kapil Dev, is a former Indian cricketer. He captained the Indian cricket team which won the 1983 Cricket World Cup. Named by Wisden as the Indian Cricketer of the Century in 2002,Kapil Dev is one of the greatest all-rounders of all time. He was also India's national cricket coach for 10 months between October 1999 and August 2000.


In the long run, I believe that honesty is definitely the best policy. One can get away by being dishonest for a short term, but ultimately, honesty is what pays.


If you play good cricket, a lot of bad things get hidden.


Apart from education, you need good health, and for that, you need to play sports.


Every person gets negative things, they learn from those negative things, and you become a positive person.


I think pride is more important sometimes than making money.


As a sportsman, my aim was to help sportspersons grow. The idea is to see what is good for sport rather than what's good for individuals.


Fast bowling is an art, like spin bowling.


I always breathe cricket.


Cricket is very simple... you play till you can sustain.


Selectors can't please everyone, but I am OK if they are working for the benefit of Indian cricket. It's an administrative decision to appoint a selection committee, and I would like to let them do their job.


When you have to work, work with a smile.


Irrespective of any political party, I am a supporter of good people who want to do something for the society.


I was a naughty kid. Teachers did not like me much.


The next generation has always been and will be better than the previous one. If it is not, then the world would not be moving forward.


No cricket should be played for at least a month anywhere in the world after a World Cup.


Sports should not become routine. It should be about passion


I feel that World Cup cricket should be played like football in which all the 160 countries take part. If only a handful of countries are going to keep on playing in the World Cup without making the game popular, I will be a sad man.


It is always nice when you are honoured. The Lifetime award makes me feel old. I am only 55.


Spirituality lies in what you do and how you do it and not what result you get.


The hunger to win must not die... The appetite has to remain big.


All you have to do is to dream big and try to fulfil it.


I don't look into negative things. Go past mistakes and look forward


Cricket has become more popular, not me... When the game grows, those who've played it also 'grow.'

As I enter a new phase of life and my circle broadens, I start learning new things.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Franklin D. Roosevelt Quotes

Robin Williams

Queen Victoria Quotes