Kiran Bedi Quotes

Kiran Bedi (born 9 June 1949) is an Indian politician, social activist, former tennis player and a retired police officer. Bedi joined the Indian Police Service (IPS) in 1972, becoming its first woman officer.As a teenager, Bedi became the national junior tennis champion in 1966. Between 1965 and 1978, she won several titles at national and state-level championships. After joining IPS, Bedi served in Delhi, Goa and Mizoram. She started her career as a Deputy Commissioner of Police (DCP) in Chanakyapuri area of Delhi, and won the President's Police Medal in 1979. she joined BJP in 2015. She was BJP's Chief Minister (CM) candidate for the 2015 Delhi Assembly elections, She lost the election.


My policing was nothing but activism - it had to be.

I believe in prayer. I believe in gratitude and serving people.

I had a clear vision: if I take up an assignment, I'll do full justice to it; otherwise I'll walk away.

The focus is what is right before you - to give it your best. It sows the seeds of tomorrow.

Affluent modern plastering will keep the oldest profession thriving... and women crying foul when the deals go sour.

We can start the change from own homes, neighborhoods, bastis, villages and schools.

What a national revolution it would be if each one of us were to self-police.

There are self-chosen exercises to move forward.

People who do not take charge of their lives are lathi-charged by time.

Corruption cannot be removed without reducing the gap between the governing and the governed.

Terrorism anywhere is a threat for humanity.

Bonding cannot happen without a strong shift in prevailing attitudes

For me a new phase of life has begun! one of perpetual gratitude and sharing of joy

What a national revolution it would be if each one of us were to self police.

“Works gives me ‘JOY’ and every beginnings is a path of self discovery.”

“There is nothing unfinished on my agenda. I do whatever I can for the day. Simple!  If I were to die today; I will depart with nothing impending”.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Franklin D. Roosevelt Quotes

Robin Williams

Queen Victoria Quotes