J. K. Rowling Quotes

Joanne "Jo" Rowling, (born 31 July 1965),[1] pen names J. K. Rowling and Robert Galbraith, is a British novelist best known as the author of the Harry Potter fantasy series. The books have gained worldwide attention, won multiple awards, and sold more than 400 million copies.They have become the best-selling book series in history and been the basis for a series of films which is the second highest-grossing film series in history.

It takes a great deal of bravery to stand up to our enemies, but just as much to stand up to our friends.

It is impossible to live without failing at something, unless you live so cautiously that you might as well not have lived at all, in which case you have failed by default.

If you want to see the true measure of a man, watch how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.
   
It is our choices... that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.

Poverty entails fear and stress and sometimes depression. It meets a thousand petty humiliations and hardships. Climbing out of poverty by your own efforts that is something on which to pride yourself but poverty itself is romanticized by fools.

There are some things you can't share without ending up liking each other.

I was set free because my greatest fear had been realized, and I still had a daughter who I adored, and I had an old typewriter and a big idea. And so rock bottom became a solid foundation on which I rebuilt my life.
   
I think you're working and learning until you die.

What's coming will come and we'll just have to meet it when it does.

'Harry Potter' gave me back self respect. Harry gave me a job to do that I loved more than anything else.

Of all the subjects on this planet, I think my parents would have been hard put to name one less useful than Greek mythology to securing the keys to an executive bathroom.
   
When people are very damaged, they can often meet the world with a kind of defiance.

Fear of a name increases fear of the thing itself.

The best of us must sometimes eat our words.
   
People ask me if there are going to be stories of Harry Potter as an adult. Frankly, if I wanted to, I could keep writing stories until Harry is a senior citizen, but I don't know how many people would actually want to read about a 65 year old Harry still at Hogwarts playing bingo with Ron and Hermione.

Youth cannot know how age thinks and feels. But old men are guilty if they forget what it was to be young.

I feel 80% of my life is completely normal.
   
The most important thing is to read as much as you can, like I did. It will give you an understanding of what makes good writing and it will enlarge your vocabulary.

Every now and then I read a poem that does touch something in me, but I never turn to poetry for solace or pleasure in the way that I throw myself into prose.

The internet has been a boon and a curse for teenagers.
   
Secretly we're all a little more absurd than we make ourselves out to be.

Never trust anything that can think for itself if you can't see where it keeps its brain.

Anything's possible if you've got enough nerve.
   
Why do I talk about the benefits of failure? Simply because failure meant a stripping away of the inessential. I stopped pretending to myself that I was anything other than what I was, and began to direct all my energy into finishing the only work that mattered to me.

I would like to be remembered as someone who did the best she could with the talent she had.

I sometimes have a tendency to walk on the dark side.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Franklin D. Roosevelt Quotes

Robin Williams

Queen Victoria Quotes